Dao Van Lan
Ressearch project status:
Timely and Ultra-reliable Wireless Communications for Mobile Fog Networks
Host: Mälardalen University College (MDH), School of Innovation, Design and Engineering.
- Main supervisor: Assoc. Prof. Elisabeth Uhlemann, firstname.lastname@example.org (contact person)
- Co-supervisor: Dr. Le-Nam Hoang, email@example.com; Dr. Svetlana Girs, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enable deterministic wireless access to Fog Computing Nodes and between layers of Fog Nodes
- Design, develop and analyze deterministic wireless protocols for industrial automation, in mobile scenarios with frequently changing network topologies
- Communication protocols able to send short packets over wireless channels in order to obtain ultra-reliable, predictable and low-latency communication even in mobile scenarios.
- Designing a medium access method capable of providing predictable access delay for applications with diverse requirements, using different types of cooperative diversity techniques to provide sufficient reliability before a given real-time deadline.
- Relaying strategies aiming to achieve full diversity also in mobile scenarios; depending on the specific use-case unicast of broadcast relaying are to be considered, where either a relay selection or a relay assignment strategy is developed.
- Evaluation of the performance for the proposed protocols.
Internship and collaboration:
- Danish Technological Institute (Dr. Lars Dalgaard)
- TTTech (Dr. Wilfried Steiner)
- V. -L. Dao, L. -N. Hoang, S. Girs and E. Uhlemann, “Defeating Jamming Using Outage Performance Aware Joint Power Allocation and Access Point Placement in Uplink Pairwise NOMA,” in IEEE Open Journal of the Communications Society, vol. 2, pp. 1957-1979, 2021, doi: 10.1109/OJCOMS.2021.3103540.
- V. -L. Dao, L. -N. Hoang, S. Girs and E. Uhlemann, “Outage Performance of Pairwise NOMA Allowing a Dynamic Decoding Order and Optimal Pairs of Power Levels,” in IEEE Open Journal of the Communications Society, vol. 1, pp. 1886-1906, 2020, doi: 10.1109/OJCOMS.2020.3039536.
- M. S. Shaik et al., “Enabling Fog-based Industrial Robotics Systems,” 2020 25th IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation (ETFA), 2020, pp. 61-68, doi: 10.1109/ETFA46521.2020.9211887.
- V. Hoang, V. Dao and V. Dang, “Temperature Beat Sensor for Energy Efficient, Long Range Smart Monitoring Systems,” 2020 International Conference on Green and Human Information Technology (ICGHIT), 2020, pp. 18-20, doi: 10.1109/ICGHIT49656.2020.00011.
- V. Dao, H. Tran, S. Girs and E. Uhlemann, “Reliability and Fairness for UAV Communication Based on Non-Orthogonal Multiple Access,” 2019 IEEE International Conference on Communications Workshops (ICC Workshops), 2019, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/ICCW.2019.8757160.