Research project status:
- Machine interoperability: OPC UA/DDS Gateway
- Worst Case Execution Time analysis OPC UA Pub/Sub on the T-CREST platform.
- Detection of unexpected emergent system behaviour.
Host: Vienna University of Technology (TUWIEN), Institute of Computer Aided Automation.
- Main supervisor: Prof. Wolfgang Kastner, email@example.com (contact person)
- Co-supervisor: Prof. Gerhard Fohler, firstname.lastname@example.org
Results (OPC UA/DDS Gateway):
- Definition of an architecture, technology stack, and the mappings necessary to support the exchange of information and functionality between data-centric DDS and object-oriented OPC UA systems. (Finished)
- Design and implementation of a vendor-neutral and standard bidirectional gateway for information exchange and interoperability between DDS and OPC UA. (Finished)
- All results are available under: https://git.auto.tuwien.ac.at/fora
- Relevant publications: , , , .
Results (OPC UA PubSub Realtime:):
- Worst Case Execution Time analysis OPC UA Pub/Sub on the T-CREST platform. (Finished)
- All results are available under: https://github.com/t-crest/rt-ua
- Relevant publications: , .
PhD Topic (Emergent behaviour)
The aim of the PhD topic is to research and identify emergent behaviour in highly distributed systems such as fog environments. (Ongoing)
Visits and collaboration:
- OPC UA PubSub Realtime: Collaboration with DTU based on the T-CREST platform.
-  P. Denzler, D. Scheuchenstuhl, D. Ramsauer, and W. Kastner, “Modeling protocol gateways for cyber-physical systems using Architecture Analysis & Design Language (AADL)” in CIRP CMS 2021 – 54th CIRP Conference on Manufacturing Systems, 2021, vol.1, 2021, pp. xx-xx
-  P. Denzler, D. Ramsauer, T. Preindl, and W. Kastner, “Communication and container reconfiguration for cyber-physical production systems”, in 2021 26th IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation (ETFA), vol.1, 2021, pp. xx-xx.
-  P. Denzler, T. Frühwirth, A. Kirchberger, M. Schoeberl, and W. Kastner, “Static Timing Analysis of OPC UA PubSub”, in 2021 17th IEEE International Conference on Factory Communication Systems (WFCS), vol.1, 2021, pp. 167 – 174.
-  P. Denzler, T. Frühwirth, A. Kirchberger, M. Schoeberl and W. Kastner: “Experiences from Adjusting Industrial Software for Worst-Case Execution Time Analysis”, in 2021 IEEE 24th International Symposium on Real-Time Distributed Computing (ISORC), vol.1, 2021, pp. 62 – 70.
-  P. Denzler, D. Ramsauer and W. Kastner, “Tunnelling and Mirroring Operational Technology Data with IP-based Middlewares”, in 2021 22nd IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT), vol.1, 2021, pp. 1205-1210.
-  P. Denzler, D. Ramsauer, and W. Kastner, “Model-driven Engineering of Gateways for Industrial Automation”, in Automation, Robotics & Communications for Industry 4.0, vol.1, 2021, pp. 47 – 50.
-  P. Denzler, J. Ruh, M. Kadar, C. Avasalcai, and W. Kastner, “Towards Consolidating Industrial Use Cases on a Common Fog Computing Platform,” in 2020 25th IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation (ETFA), vol. 1, 2020, pp. 172– 179.