Dependability Services for Fog Computing Infrastructure
- Important: don’t forget to mention in your application how you found out about the position.
Host: Mälardalen University College (MDH), School of Innovation, Design and Engineering.
- Main supervisor: Prof. Hans Hansson, email@example.com (contact person)
- Co-supervisor: Dr. Guillermo Rodriguez-Navas, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mandatory requirements for all PhD positions
- Please contact the main supervisor for additional requirements
- Specification and design of dynamic and adaptive dependability services for Fog Computing in robotics and factory automation.
- Developing mechanisms for error detection, error recovery and fault diagnosis and removal, including recovery algorithms.
- Specification of dependability attributes for Fog Computing.
- Dependability framework for Fog Computing, including adequate system partitioning and subsystem design.
- Infrastructure-level dependability service prototypes: mechanisms for redundancy, error detection and recovery and fault diagnosis and removal.
- Demonstration and analysis of nearly concurrent fault manifestations and multiple overlapping faults.
Planned visits and collaboration:
- TTTech (Dr. Wilfried Steiner): Gather dependability requirements and formulate dependability metrics & patterns.
Please contact the main supervisor for a detailed description.
Please contact the main supervisor for relevant publications about the topic area.