Mandatory requirements for all PhD positions
These requirements should be documented by the applicants in your application. Applications that do not document the fulfilment of these requirements may be rejected without consideration.
- Applicants shall, at the time of recruitment by the host organisation, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Mobility Rule: at the time of recruitment by the host organisation, applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- Master’s degree: if the PhD positions mentions that you need a master’s degree, the degree has to be awarded by the time you start your employment. You can apply before you receive your master’s degree.
- The applicants should document a high-level knowledge of the English language. Please include documentation in your application (IELTS Academic, TOEFL, etc.) if available.
- In principle, these positions are open to Early-Stage Researchers (ESRs) of all nationalities. Suitability of candidates for the position of an ESR researcher will need to be assessed in light of possible sanctions imposed by the EU on the country, of which they are either nationals or residents.