Dao Van Lan
Timely and Ultra-reliable Wireless Communications for Mobile Fog Networks
- Main supervisor: Assoc. Prof. Elisabeth Uhlemann, firstname.lastname@example.org (contact person)
- Co-supervisor: Dr. Le-Nam Hoang, email@example.com; Dr. Svetlana Girs, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enable deterministic wireless access to Fog Computing Nodes and between layers of Fog Nodes
- Design, develop and analyze deterministic wireless protocols for industrial automation, in mobile scenarios with frequently changing network topologies
- Communication protocols able to send short packets over wireless channels in order to obtain ultra-reliable, predictable and low-latency communication even in mobile scenarios.
- Designing a medium access method capable of providing predictable access delay for applications with diverse requirements, using different types of cooperative diversity techniques to provide sufficient reliability before a given real-time deadline.
- Relaying strategies aiming to achieve full diversity also in mobile scenarios; depending on the specific use-case unicast of broadcast relaying are to be considered, where either a relay selection or a relay assignment strategy is developed.
- Evaluation of the performance for the proposed protocols.
Planned visits and collaboration:
- TTTech (Dr. Wilfried Steiner): Integrate wireless protocols into the Fog Node
- Danish Technological Institute (Dr. Lars Dalgaard): Evaluate the wireless protocols on a mobile robots use case.