Safety assurance of Fog-based industrial systems
- Main supervisor: Prof. Sasikumar Punnekkat, email@example.com (contact person)
- Co-supervisor: Prof. Hans Hansson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enable efficient safety certification of Fog-based industrial automation systems by extending the state-of-the-art safety case approaches.
- Develop a safety assurance framework for Fog-based industrial systems that reduces costs and takes into account security.
- Evaluate the current certification practice and relevant functional safety standards in the area, such as IEC 61511, for the suitability to assure the safety of Fog-based infrastructures
- Analyze the Fog Computing Platform for new types of hazards and associated risks.
- Propose new fault models, dependability attributes and mitigation methods for Fog Computing.
- Extend the current safety assurance methods with an “evolving” safety case model, which collects operational data via monitoring, leading to periodic validation of the safety argument and evidences.
Planned visits and collaboration:
- TTT (Dr. Wilfried Steiner): Develop a proof-of-concept safety assurance of a Fog Infrastructure use case.
- ABB (Dr. Magnus Larsson): Learn about certification standards in industrial automation and safety assurance practice.