Fog configuration for critical control applications
- Main supervisor: Prof. Paul Pop, firstname.lastname@example.org (contact person)
- Co-supervisor: Prof. Jan Madsen, email@example.com
- Computer Science and Control Engineering
- Project Description
- General Science: What I am working on right now
- Support the virtualization of control needed for the IT/OT convergence
- Develop methods and tools for the configuration of the Fog Computing Platform for critical control applications, such that they have the same level of service as on a dedicated OT infrastructure.
- Evaluation and analysis report of the mechanisms introducing latencies and jitter that increase the worst-case delays in the network, and decrease the dependability
- Methods and tools for the configuration of Fog Nodes and for the configuration of TSN switches
- Analysis and optimization algorithms to maximize the QoC
- Evaluation and integration of the methods and tools with TTTech’s tool flow.
Internship and collaboration:
- TTTech (Dr. Silviu S. Craciunas)
- Danfoss (Dr. Juha Kuusela)
Towards Quality of Control Aware Scheduling of Industrial Applications on Fog Computing Platform / Barzegaran, Mohammadreza; Cervin, Anton; Pop, Paul. In Proceedings of the 2019 Workshop on Fog Computing and the IoT (IoT-Fog 2019): (PDF is available here)
Using jittertime to analyze transient performance in adaptive and reconfigurable control systems / Anton Cervin, Paolo Pazzaglia, Mohammadreza Barzegaran , Rouhollah Mahfouzi. In 2019 24th IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation (ETFA): (PDF is available here)
Quality-of-control-aware scheduling of communication in TSN-based fog computing platforms using constraint programming / Barzegaran, Mohammadreza; Zarrin, Bahram; Pop, Paul. In Proceedings of 2nd Workshop on Fog Computing and the IoT (Fog-IoT 2020): (PDF is available here)
Performance Optimization of Control Applications on Fog Computing Platforms Using Scheduling and Isolation / Barzegaran, Mohammadreza; Cervin, Anton; Pop, Paul. In IEEE Access: (PDF is available here)
Fogification of Electric Drives: An Industrial Use Case / Barzegaran, Mohammadreza; Desai, Nitin; Qian, Jia; Tange, Koen; Zarrin, Bahram; Pop, Paul; Kuusela, Juha. In 2020 25th IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation (ETFA): (PDF is available here)
Towards Extensibility-aware Scheduling of Industrial Applications on Fog Nodes / Barzegaran, Mohammadreza; Karagiannis, Vasileios; Avasalcai, Cosmin; Pop, Paul; Schulte, Stefan; Dustdar, Schahram. In Proc. of IEEE EDGE 2020
Please see the following publications for an indication of the type of papers that we write in this area (the PDFs can be downloaded from here).
Design Optimization of Cyber-Physical Distributed Systems using IEEE Time-sensitive Networks (TSN). / Pop, Paul; Lander Raagaard, Michael; Craciunas, Silviu S. ; Steiner, Wilfried. In: IET Cyber-Physical Systems: Theory and Applications, Vol. 1, No. 1, 2016, p. 86-94.
Design optimization of TTEthernet-based distributed real-time systems. / Tamas-Selicean, Domitian; Pop, Paul; Steiner, Wilfried. In: Real-Time Systems, Vol. 51, No. 1, 2015, p. 1-35.