Alexandre Silva Venito
Ressearch project status:
Ended in 2021
Resource separation mechanisms for Fog Nodes
- Main supervisor: Prof. Gerhard Fohler, firstname.lastname@example.org (contact person)
- Co-supervisor: Rodrigo Coelho, email@example.com
- Ensure the temporal isolation of tasks and partitions on MCPs taking platform resource contentions into account.
- Develop resource sharing mechanisms for managing access to shared resources such as bus and memory controller.
- Runtime resource management technique controlling access to shared resources such as bus and memory controller, implemented as “scheduling servers”
- Prototype implementation and evaluation of time- and memory access scheduling servers, running on each core of a MCP
- Scheduling algorithm based on runtime mechanism for temporal isolation on multicore platforms, that finds a valid allocation of tasks to cores, task schedules and slot-level budget reservations for each server, such that the specified task set constraints (including deadlines) are met.
Planned visits and collaboration:
- SYSGO (Dr. Henrik Theiling): Training on multicore platforms and hypervisors; integration of servers in PikeOS